listen to TOPS’ Taking Off Your Makeup FFF Fest mix
Montreal’s TOPS will descend upon Texas this fall for a handful of shows in November, including a stop in Dallas on the 5th before heading down to Austin for this year’s insane Fun Fun Fun Fest and a very rad FFF Nites show (that we’ll be able to share details for soon). In anticipation of their FFF show, the group put together a sweet little mix featuring some jams they’re listening to at the moment, featuring Altered Images, Annie Lennox, Q Lazzarus, Strawberry Switchblade, and more. Listen below + check the full trackslist and the band’s reason for including each track after the jump…
TOPS // Taking Off Your Makeup mix
Eighth Wonder – I’m Not Scared
Altered Images – See Those Eyes (7″ Version)
Donnie & Joe Emerson – Ride the Tide
Annie Lennox – Why
Q Lazzarus – Goodbye Horses
Dwight Twilley Band – Looking for the Magic
Kim Wilde – Cambodia
Strawberry Switchblade – Strawberry Switchblade
Sophie B. Hawkins – As I Lay Me Down
Lenox Brown – My Conversation (Instrumental)
– I chose ‘I’m Not Scared’ and ‘See Those Eyes’ to justify the name of this playlist – taking off yr makeup.
– My friend played the song ‘Ride the Tide’ for me the other night before going out to party and I had a good time, I listened to ‘Why’ by Annie Lennox when I got home.
– Jane was singing a part in ‘Goodbye Horses’ the other day while we were driving around, that one little bit has been poppin’ in and out of my head ever since.
– ‘Looking for the Magic’ has got it all and has been on personal repeat for a couple weeks.
– ‘Cambodia’ is a leave now, no time to get ready song.
– I really like ‘So Yesterday’ by Hilary Du… “Since Yesterday” by Strawberry Switchblade – ‘As I Lay Me Down’ kinda sounds the same and I wanted to embrace my inner suburban mom.
– ‘The Russians are Coming’ by Val Bennet is the theme song for this late 80’s educational TV show I’ve been watching called ‘The Secret Life of Machines’. ‘My Conversation (instrumental)’ is on a similar tip, it’s great for washing your face and looking in the mirror.