Official video for what is probably the best single of 2012 at this point, directed by Sam Pilling. Watch it after the jump…
Never liked Usher, but have to admit, Climax is nice track.
where did it go?!?!?!?!
1 million babies will be made to the sounds of this song
Hey I just want to say that Gorilla vs Bear has been my favourite place to hear about music for a few years now. I am very grateful for you guys for turning me on to amazing music like Grouper and Harlem and Coyote Clean Up. But this song is pure shit. WTF lads?
good remix wit diplo
best single of 2012? This? Do only terrible, comically over-produced R&B songs qualify?
Look atchoo,GvB! Giving shitty Usher songs indie cred and printing T-shirts in the same week.
yeah. look at you with the wack comment. sorry you missed out on the shirts
It’s aite, but BEST SINGLE OF 2012??? Are you crazy?!
nah. what’s better?
uhhhhhhhhhh “MYTH.” how could you possibly name this SOTY over that? uncool man. uncool.
Myth hasn’t been released as a single yet, has it? Right now, it’s just the first track from their upcoming album.
anything by burial, john talabot, azealia banks, shlohmo and obviously zebra katz.
lol, come on man. bring some better ammo with you next time before attacking Chris’s always-sound judgement…
1) putting aside the overhyped nature of that Burial release, those songs are way too long and meandering to ever be considered as great singles. (you might have point if “Loner” was edited down to 5 minutes.)
2) I like that Talabot album, but none of the good songs have been released as singles yet
3) Azealia’s only single released this year so far is “NEEDSUMLUV” and the song is overhyped trash. I can’t believe P4k BNM’ed it. (speaking of which, most of their BNM picks have been terrible this year).
4) Shlohmo is cool, but he’s not really relevant enough yet for “Best Single” consideration. and, more importantly, he hasn’t released any singles this year. (that Drake/Weeknd remix is ace though.)
5) that Zebra Katz joint has mad vibes, but one can only take so many “IMA READ YOU B*TCH”es over spartan bass sounds before skipping ahead to the next song.
So, he’s hookin up with Beyonce and Jigga Man walks in?
Great song but how does Grimes not have the top single of ’12 so far?
Yeah, how does she not have the top single since you also posted lovingly about her? This song really is bad and I hesitated to mention it earlier, but the video is even worse. Is he trying to channel Ryan Gosling in those car shots? It’s not working because you’re usher-maker of bad songs- and not Ryan Gosling.
I am bitter about missing out on those t-shirts.
I seriously can’t imagine any self respecting person willingly letting this song play in the background non ironically. Those drums! Really?
Or do I just not get Diplo? I only know him from the commercial. I think I saw it during the Superbowl.
i think the track is awesome although i don’t like Usher usually.needed some fine rnb
Alot of R&B now a days is pure swag. This is fucking dope.
I love this jam.
Have to agree with Chris, this song is the best shit this far. It was a guilty pleasure but after a while i jam this shit whenever. It’s on point ppl shouldn’t be so quit to judge cuz Usher isn’t Shlomo, though I bet he’d make a sick remix to it
Jeez, that one guy was like taking over the comments for this post.
This song is the shit. This is old-school Usher vocals with an awesome Diplo beat, you can’t go wrong. Video’s cool too, I really feel how sick he feels inside, you know?
Definitely the best of the year so far… I’ve raped the replay button.
Sad year for 2012 if this is the best single so far. This song is pop garbage. Where’s the art?
“Neptune” is a better example of R&B influence than this crap.
love this song
Just damn. That’s all I can say.
Haters love to hate RnB. Especially white indie kids – neglecting to grasp the scope and influence of past, present, and future black music on what they listen to.
I get it, it’s kinda got that Jeff Buckley feel. Oh but wait, it’s nowhere near as good.
Pfft this is pretty lame
Why argue about musical subjectivity?
leave a comment
Mail (will not be published) (required)